> Coat of Arms > Flag > History > Interesting Facts > Town Crier > Town’s Logo
The Town's Coat of Arms was registered......
- Mast & Rigging represents masting operations for the British Navy and shipbuilding industry between 1700-1878.
- Coronet with Maple Leaves represents the arms of the municipality and symbolizes Fort Hughes. CFB Gagetown and maple leaves for Canada.
- Porcupine symbolizes the armouries of the D'Amours family who represent the first French colonists to arrive on the banks of the Saint John River.
- Canoe and Wavy Blue Band represents the Oromocto and Saint John Rivers and Canada's first culture.
- Tower represents Fort Hughes, built during the American Revolution 1771-1784, and CFB Gagetown.
- Leopard Head represents the arrival of the English colonists on the banks of the Saint John River.
- Town's Motto "Succesus per Operam" means "Effort Brings Success".