At the Town of Oromocto we firmly believe that our people are what makes this organization such a great place to work! We strive to hire the best in the industry and help to foster that talent throughout their career with us. We take pride in continually training and developing our employees to become experienced, qualified, knowledgeable and informed to serve our community better. As an employer, the Town of Oromocto offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package to all of its permanent employees. We welcome all qualified applicants to consider joining our team.
PART-TIME POSITIONS (CASUAL) Employment Application
Engineering & Public Works Part-Time Employment
The Town of Oromocto Department of Engineering and Public Works is now accepting applications for Part-Time Employment. The Ideal candidate will have experience in maintenance and construction, the aptitude to learn and adapt to new workplace technologies, and the ability to work cooperatively with a team.
Minimum qualifications for applicants are as follows:
• Valid Class 3E Driver’s License
• High School Diploma or GED
• Mechanical Aptitude
• Satisfactory Drivers Abstract
• Adhere to processes and policies in support of Municipal goals and legislative requirements
• Perform regular maintenance checks on equipment
• Operate and maintain equipment used in the maintenance of streets, utilities and other public work functions
• Repair and maintenance of infrastructure including roadways, sidewalks, culverts, etc.
• Work a wide range of labour intensive and skilled mechanical, maintenance, and construction work, often under challenging environmental and other work conditions
• Comply with all rules and legislation, including Acts and Regulations pertaining to the operation of equipment, special procedures and on the job safety practices
• Carry out high quality and safe work in accordance with recognized workplace standards
• Strive to ensure attention to quality and safety in all work including safety of the general public who use the infrastructure or systems involved
• Work a modified work schedule to account for operational needs
• Other duties as required
• Proper skills and experience to operate equipment and vehicles in a public works environment
• Ability to work cooperatively with a team and build positive working relationships with fellow employees
• Ability to adapt to new workplace technologies and procedures
• Ability to practice and encourage safe work behaviors
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Understand oral and written instructions
• Read, write, speak and understand English
• Use discretion regarding confidential matters
• Work cooperatively with management and support other departments
• Perform manual labour
• Accurately read gauges, dials & other instrumentation and legibly record
• Work in all types of weather and working conditions
• Work shift work, extended work hours, and scheduled and unscheduled overtime
The Town of Oromocto pays wages in accordance with the union contract. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Evaluations may include both a verbal and written interview, as well as practical assessments.
Interested individuals should submit an application in a sealed envelope to the address below no later than 4:00 pm, 10 June 2021.
Town of Oromocto
Department of Engineering and Public Works
181 Black Watch Avenue
Oromocto, NB E2V 0L9
Attention: Town Engineer
Email to: email@example.com
Fax to: 506-357-2266
Hiring is in accordance with Town Policy and with the final approval of Town Council.
SUMMER STUDENT POSITIONS Student Application
4 Doyle Drive, Oromocto NB E2V 2V3