>Departments >FO Home >Budgets > Utility Bills >Filing a Claim
The Finance Office, a division of the CAO/Clerk’s Office, is responsible for managing the financial records of the Town. The Department is lead by the Town Treasurer who acts as chief financial advisor for Town Council, the CAO/Clerk and all other municipal departments. This department prepares the Town’s annual operating and capital budgets, monthly financial reports and other summaries as required. Other activities include production of quarterly water and sewerage and collection of payments, the day-to-day operations of the service centre, and preparation, with the Town’s auditors, of the fiscal year-end financial statements. This department is also responsible for the payroll, recreation programme registrations, accounts payable, accounts receivables, insurance/risk management and switchboard/reception for the municipal offices.
John Thomson, Treasurer
Peter Wong, Financial Accountant
Lesley Breau, Assistant Treasurer
Sherry Wall, Accounting Assistant, Payables & Payroll
Tracey King, Bilingual Accounting/Administrative Assistant
Holly Miller, Accounts Receivable
Main Areas of Service:
Service Centre - Payments & Customer Service
- Insurance claims and risk management
- Maintain department payroll/personnel records
- Cash management for the Town, including investments and debt payments
- Coordination of the annual Operating and Capital budgets, Operating Budget Forecast, Long Range Capital Forecast for Council. Click here for more information on the budget(s).
- Ensure compliance to financial conditions of development (sub division, site plan, etc.) agreements including maintaining cash deposits and financial instruments.
- Preparation of all mandated financial reporting and municipal performance measurements and coordination of annual audit.
- Accounts payable and annual, general accounting and payroll
- Presentation of the monthly financial reports and other summaries as required.
- Administer Community Grant Program for the Town
- Maintain water/sewer billing information, including ownership changes and payments. Click here to learn more.
- Other activities include production of quarterly water and sewerage invoices, the day-to-day operations of the service centre, and preparation, with the Town’s auditors, of the fiscal year-end financial statements. This department is also responsible for the payroll, recreation programme registrations, accounts payable, accounts receivables, and switchboard reception for the municipal offices .
For additional information or questions, please call our Service Centre at (506) 357-4400 for:
- General inquiries
- Municipal Dog Licenses
- Building Permit Fee Payments and deposits
- Water & Sewer Payments
- Water Connection Fee Payments and deposits
- Land & Property Rental Fee Payments
- Requests for Clearance Letters
- Recreation Payments and Registrations
HOURS OF OPERATION CONTACT US:
Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Telephone: (506) 357-4400
Level 3, Municipal Office – 4 Doyle Drive Fax: (506) 357-2266
(Front Entrance and upstairs) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org