Summer Concert Series in Oromocto
Announcing lineup for 2016!!
We are pleased to announce our exciting lineup for this year's season.
Once more we thank The Town of Oromocto, Recreation and Tourism for their continuing support.
All shows are held rain or shine, at the bandshell in Hazen Park or the magnificient Hazen Park Centre. Concerts are always free. Seating provided. All shows begin each Wednesday sharply at 7:00 p.m. and finish at 8:00 p.m.
- July 06 Mark Roberts Band - Local well known radio personality and long time host of The East Coast Music Show, Mark Roberts and his band will perform many numbers written by Mark and lots of alt-country selections.
- July 13 Lintuhtine Extravaganza - For over 30 years The Lintuhtine Music Academy of Oromocto has been training local youth in music and performing. Expect a wonderful evening of old favourites and modern songs.
- July 20 Common Thread - Lots of good time Rock and Roll from this local band. Expect expert renditions of music from the 50's to the 90's.
- July 27 Country 5 - Our newest performers. All country all the time with a bonus sampling of Bluegrass. Oromocto's outstanding full time five piece country band.
- August 03 One Acre Lot - An outstanding 4 piece, highly talented band with fiddlers, perfect vocal harmonies and great guitar work. Our most favourite band with the audiences. Performing their own original songs and arrangements of all your favourites.
- August 10 Maple Sugar - An audience thrilling 4 member accapella Barbershop Quartet. Well steeped in the tradition of Barber-shopping they give a fun, engaging performance.
- August 17 Morgan Comeau Band - Gagetown Idol winner, Morgan fronts her own band specializing in country music. A very special voice she will prove why she is such a respected talent in our area.
- August 24 Sheldon Gordon and the Tone Kings - Perennial favourite Sheldon brings a new band to our stage. Lots of great vocals combined with tight arrangements will provide a great evening's entertainment.
- August 31 Oromocto Pipes and Drums - Our closer each year, The OPD is the resident Pipe Band for Oromocto. Headed by Pipe Major Rob Stobbs, they are a highly trained band bringing us back in touch with one of the main foundIng cultures and the sounds of the Scottish Highlands.