We have recently received reports of bear sightings near Mohawk Street and the Finnamore Street Extension.
Please ensure that all external food sources are removed in order to deter the bear(s) from returning. The following tips are offered to minimize the chances of attracting bears:
1) store garbage in containers with tight-fitting lids;
2) put garbage out only on the morning of pickup;
3) put bird feeders away as seeds, suet and nectar attract bears;
4) pick any fruits and berries as they ripen; don't let them rot on the ground; and
5) clean outdoor barbeque grills after each use, including the grease traps underneath.
If residents see a bear, do not approach it, you may report it to (506) 444-4888. If a bear is imposing an immediate threat or is exhibiting threatening or aggressive behaviour, call 911.
4 Doyle Drive, Oromocto NB E2V 2V3